Monday, July 19, 2010

July 19, 2010

Boy we had a great weekend. Finally had all the kids home all at once. Makes me wonder what it is going to be like when the kids are gone and married. Man I don't want to think about that yet. Lets just get though High School, Middle School and Elementry. We didn't go to the church Pioneer Days :( We were getting ready to leave and the kids just really wanted to stay home and have some private family time. I love that they are like that sometimes. Sunday was soooo nice! The kids decided they wanted to make dinner for us. They made potroast, mashed potatoes, all of the veggies and white cake with strawberries. It was so nice to not have to make dinner. I will have to give all of the credit to Mike. He is the one that has really been showing them how to cook. They all seem to really like certain parts of it. Deborah basically likes to do desserts. On the other hand Ammon has become a really good cook of everything. I really think him being the the Boy Scouts and him having to cook his own meals when he goes camping as really helped him too. Now Jamie... well she just like to try and help out were ever her siblings will let her. Sunday was kinda an emotional day for me. Taught a lesson in Young Women on geneology. When you do geneology it just brings up the feeling of how much you miss those people who have passed on. I miss my mom sooo much!! I just think how much of an amazing women she was. I look at my kids and am sad because they never got the opportunity to meet her (yet!). I just remember how excited she was when I got married and she knew we wanted to start a family soon. She wanted to be grandma sooooo bad!! I know she would have been a great grandma. I am glad that the kids have an Oma, that loves them beyond words. I am so greatful for my inlaws. I am comforted by knowing that Families Can Be Together Forever!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it was a great lesson yesterday and you had some really good discussion time that had both the girls and leaders all involved. Can't get any better than that! I love knowing that families are forever and your kids will get to meet your mom someday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could tell the emotion was really coming out in you when you talked about your mother and I LOVED it. I think our Young Women really benefit from their leaders teaching from the heart. As we get older we realize how important geneology is. I remember being 14 and we were in Salt Lake and my dad was running through the geneology library and I was so bored. Now when we have the opportunity to go to Utah it is one of the first places I hit. I love having you as a part of the Young Women's program and a part of these Young Women's lives. I'm so thankful for forever families. My grandparents are gonna love Christian and Miss Georgia!!!!

    ReplyDelete